The college is well equipped with library having nearly 35 thousand books. It is a reference cum lending library. It remains open for consultation/reference and lending from 9 am to 3 pm. The library is being automated with Library software. It is under CCTV surveillance. The library also has a documentation section where Newspapers, Magazines, Journals etc. are bound and preserved for further reference and consultation. The students are also provided with internet facility for e-learning activities.
General rules for library
- It will remain open for consultation/reference and lending from 09.00 am to 03.00 pm (with a 30 minutes break from 01.40 pm to 03.00 pm) on all College working days. It is closed on all Sundays.
- Avoid all types of markings on books and tearing away pages of the books. All library books, periodicals and furniture must be treated with utmost care.
- On entry into the library the students are requested to sign in the library log-book at the counter without fail. They are requested not to replace the books on the racks but leave all books on the tables after reference.
- The students are requested to maintain complete silence and order in the Library at all times.
- School bags, umbrellas, shawls, personal text books/ magazines, journals etc. are not allowed into the library.
- They may take a copy book or loose sheets of paper for consultation/reference.
- A student can borrow only 2 (two) books at a time from the library for consultation. These books can be kept with the individual for a period of one week. After a week the books must be returned and if necessary may be renewed for 1 more week, but no further renewal is permitted. The books will be lent on all College working days.
- The following sections of the library will not be available for borrowing: The generality section, Multi-volume books, bound newspapers, magazines, periodicals etc. and other sections which may be declared so by the Librarian from time to time.
- All the students will be provided two Library Cards each with stamp-size photos affixed . On submission of an Identity Card a student can borrow one book from the library. The Library Card will be returned when the borrowed book is returned to the library.
- Loss of College Identity Card & Library Card: The Principal must be informed about the loss of College or Library identity cards in writing without delay. Duplicate cards may be issued on payment of Rs. 50/- (fifty only).
- In case of loss or damage to a book, periodical or journal, the concerned student will have to make good the damage by bearing the full cost of securing the replacement.
- If the books borrowed are not returned in time, the library Identity Card of the student concerned will be withheld for 2 months and no books may be issued to that student. Such students may invite other punitive actions considered suitable by the Principal.
- Students’ Reading Room: No magazines, newspapers etc., are to be removed from the reading room. Kindly do not mark/deface or tear pages or pictures from any reading room material. As a policy no news¬papers or magazines are taken out of the reading room.
- Reference facility may be offered to external students/research scholars etc., only on availing temporary membership in the Library on payment of the fee required for the same. This membership is strictly for 12 months only and is subject to renewal.