Salesian College Campus is an eco-friendly campus with beautiful plantations which is best conducive for learning. It has well furnished class rooms, few with audio-visual facilities. The college has a beautiful football ground, two volley ball grounds and a basket ball court. It has also a well furnished auditorium which serves as multi-purpose hall.
The college is well equipped with library having nearly 40 thousand books. It is a reference cum lending library. It remains open for consultation/reference and lending from 9 am to 3 pm. The library is being automated with EBLIS program and is under CCTV surveillance. The library also has a documentation section where Newspapers, Magazines, Journals etc. are bound and preserved for further reference and consultation. The students are also provided with internet facility for e-learning activities. Detailed rules are given in the Handbook and Calender.
- The College has a reference cum lending library. It will remain open for consultation/reference and lending from 08.45 am to 2.30 pm (with a 30 minutes break from 1 pm to 1.30 pm) on all College working days.
It is closed on all Sundays.
- The library is under CCTV surveillance.
- Kindly avoid all types of markings on books and tearing away pages of the books. All library books, periodicals and furniture must be treated with utmost care.
- On entry into the library the students are requested to sign in the library log-book at the counter without fail. Kindly do not replace the books on the racks but leave all books on the tables after reference.
- The students are requested to maintain complete silence and order in the Library at all times.
- School bags, valets, umbrellas, shawls, personal text books/ magazines, journals etc. are not allowed into the library. You may take only copy books, loose sheets of paper and writing material into the library for consultation/reference.
- A student can borrow only 2 (two) books at a time from the library for consultation. These books can be kept with the individual for a period of one week. After a week the books must be returned and if necessary may be renewed for 1 more week, but no further renewal is permitted.The books will be lent on all College working days.
- The following sections of the library will not be available for borrowing: The generality section, Multi-volume books, bound newspapers, magazines, periodicals etc. and other sections which may be declared so by the Librarian from time to time.
- All the students will be provided two Library Cards each with stampsize photos affixed. On submission of an Identity Card a student can borrow one book from the library. The Library Card will be returned when the borrowed book is returned to the library.
- Loss of College Identity Card & Library Card: The Principal must be informed about the loss of College or Library identity cards in writing without delay. Duplicate cards may be issued on payment of Rs. 50/- (fifty only).
- In case of loss or damage to a book, periodical or journal, the concerned student will have to make good the damage by bearing the full cost of securing the replacement.
- If the books borrowed are not returned in time, the library Identity Card of the student concerned will be withheld for 2 months and no books may be issued to that student. Such students may invite other punitive actions considered suitable by the Librarian.
- Students’ Reading Room: No magazines, newspapers etc., are to be removed from the reading room. Kindly do not mark/deface or tear pages or pictures from any reading room material. As a policy no newspapers or magazines are taken out of the reading room.
- Reference facility may be offered to external students/research scholars etc., only on availing temporary membership in the Library on payment of the fee required for the same. This membership is strictly for 12 months only and is subject to renewal.
Student Clubs & Co-curricular activities
As part of Students co-curricular activities, the college has various clubs such as Bosco Club, Literary Club, Environment Club, Red Ribbon Club and NSS. Students are encouraged to take part in the clubs to build up their leadership qualities. The students perform dance, dramatics and theatricals to develop their talents. The college conducts College Week program, Cultural Program, NSS related social service program, Blood donation camp etc.providing opportunities for students to know their talents and show commitment to nation building.
The college has a youth department which reaches out to nearly 45 centres. The students conduct youth activities, organize games, adult literacy programmes, tuition for weaker students and drop-outs, leadership courses, social awareness and conscientization programmes, moral and religious instruction. They publish a leaflet named “Literacy Link” to connect with various centres and disseminate information.
Seminars, Panel Discussions and Special Course
Seminars, Panel Discussions and Special Course are part of the educational programme of the college. As such attendance in these programmmes is compulsory. Departmental, State Level and National Level seminars and workshops are part of the program. Special courses such as Scout Master’s Training, Psychology, Mass Media and Social Communication, Social Analysis etc. are provided to the students to enhance their knowledge, skill, creativity,commitment and social responsibility.
As part of the skill building movement and computer literacy program the college offers certificate course in basic computer application. Students are encouraged to avail the facility.